Seeing into darkness is clarity . . .
This is called practicing eternity . . .

--Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Friends and Adventures


It’s been too long since I’ve written about my amazing puppy, but it hasn’t been out of boredom:  life has just been in the way.  However, through all of life’s trials and tribulations, I have still managed to enjoy my little Lottie.  She has been a busy girl.












Our dog park days at lunch are over for a few months, since the weather has become too warm to allow me to bring the dogs to work.  So Lottie has been going to my boarding kennel, Blue Sky Dogs, for puppy daycare, along with Tango and Pascha, the border collies, and Phoebe, the standard poodle.  Lottie adores Phoebe, probably since Phoebe is  the only dog who really seems to enjoy playing with Lottie. 

Phoebe and Lottie share a run during siesta time from noon – 5:00, Lottie has made new human friends in Kim and Lindsey, who watch the dogs and the kennel during the week.  And she has made lots of short-term and rotating friends with all the various dogs who come to stay at Blue Sky Dogs.  Lottie never meets a stranger, and loves all, so she seems to really enjoy her days at the kennel.

One Saturday I took Lottie with me when I went to visit my friend Nila, who is the manager at PAWS Animal Shelter in nearby Urbana.  Most dogs who enter a shelter are a bit overwhelmed and somewhat concerned with all the sights and sounds, but here’s another place where a blind/deaf dog has an advantage:  Lottie thought it was quite fun and had not qualms at all!


Lottie is more excited to meet this shy puppy than he is to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment