Seeing into darkness is clarity . . .
This is called practicing eternity . . .

--Lao-Tzu

Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Muse

I have always felt so driven to adopt Lottie. When I was contemplating, not whether it was a wise decision, but rather, how crazy it was, to bring a blind and deaf dog into my life, there were so many nudges and prompts from . . . the universe, spirit, God. I don't think I've ever been aware of such communication from the universe to myself towards a decision at the level that I saw as I contemplated Lottie Moon. Certainly there were no family, friends, or acquaintances that pushed me into this. Quite the contrary! I don't think there was a single person who told me, "what a great idea! You should do that!" My push to do this came from other intelligence, but came so strongly and repeatedly that I never really doubted my course. So I know that I am to have this amazing dog in my life, but I don't know yet why. I want to see what she is capable of, I want to see what I am capable of teaching her. I want to grow as a trainer, and as a human, as I learn about her and how to help her soar. I want to show the world that her handicaps are not handicaps at all. Why do I want to do these things? I have no idea. I want to write a book, and write her story, even though I don't know yet what her story is. But maybe I'm thinking too grand. Maybe I'm supposed to have her in my life simply because she is joyful. Simply because she adds love and laughter to my life. Maybe I think that she needs me, but really I need her. Who knows? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment