Seeing into darkness is clarity . . .
This is called practicing eternity . . .

--Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Esoterical Musings

Ever since I got Lottie, and actually even before when I was just thinking about getting Lottie, I have become aware of many references to blindness, and also deafness, that meet me everywhere.  Is this more than normal, or am I just aware?  Because I fully believe that I’m to pay attention to things such as this, I do take note and think about every reference I see.  I know I’m supposed to have Lottie, I just don’t know yet the grand plan.  Last week in my Shamanism class, we discussed “sitting in silence”.  Our meditation was to go, in our minds, to the Cave of Silence, and sit in complete silence and darkness, to see what comes to us.  My personal vision during this journey was that the silence wasn’t really silent, it was more like an energizing humming, and the darkness wasn’t really darkness, it morphed in my mind into a bright white speckled brightly with rainbows of colors.  So my message was that there was really no difference between the dark and the light, both are core and central to the soul.  Throughout it all, I thought about my Lottie.  How her world is so different from mine, full of silence, and her vision is so sparse.  Yet I’ve seen through her that her world is not void, but full.  She is one of the happiest, most joyful dogs I’ve ever met, and she runs and has fun and learns and loves and plays and gets on with her life better than most.   Maybe my journey of silence that really wasn’t, and darkness that really wasn’t, was just one more way to help me understand my Lottie Moon.  One more way to help me understand the blindness and deafness that each of us that have fully functioning senses can still have, if we remain in an unenlightened life.
  

Lottie the day she entered the shelter,
approximately 6 months old
 
Lottie 8 months later at Dog Scout Camp

I have a bracelet that a friend made for me out of black and blue and purple beads and actual quartz crystals.  The tag she had attached to it read,  “Darkness – go into the darkness and find the stars.”  How appropriate. 
The past few years have been difficult ones for me, filled with a devastating divorce, insecurity and uncertainty.  Dark times, scary times.  And here is this little white dog, showing me in so many ways that the darkness doesn't have to be scary, if you approach it with joy and fearlessness.  In the darkness, there are brilliant, heavenly lights called stars.  Enlightenment coming from darkness.  Thank you, Lottie Moon :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment