Seeing into darkness is clarity . . .
This is called practicing eternity . . .

--Lao-Tzu

Friday, May 10, 2013

Pet Expo 2013


Well, considering how much fun I had with Lottie Moon at last year’s Pet Expo, I have to say this year was even better!  Every time I have Lottie out at an event like this, I’m always so proud of her.  She know how to work a group, this girl does!  She is so pretty and happy as she walks along, always willing to stop and greet any admirer as she meanders through the crowds with me.  When I stop to shop, she lies down and calmly surveys the world around her, the world she can see so very little of.  She is just amazing, and I feel so lucky to have her in my life.

 
This year we were super busy, because we were also there to promote Speak For The Unspoken.  Victoria was working the Petsmart booth again this year, but Raquel and I wore the awesome shirts that Raquel designed to advertise S4TU.
People kept coming up to us saying, “Oh look, there are the deaf dogs!”  It was like we were almost famous.  Raquel brought Kamo and Kanella, and Victoria brought Dahlia, and I brought Lottie and Keebler.
 

 Lottie seemed to remember the ladies at the Reiki Center booth from last year.  Again this year, Lottie loves her Reiki!












I also had Tango with me, because he was entered in the dock diving competition.  Tango the Wonderdog managed to get a second place in the Splash division finals, with a jump of 6 feet plus. 

 On Sunday, I stopped on the way to pick up a new puppy for Speak.  He’s a wonderful little deaf aussie named Gunner, and his new foster parents were at the expo to meet him.  I think they were instantly in love.  What a cutie-pie, who could resist??











We met a great lady at the Brilliant K9 booth, and we all got phat harnesses for the dogs to wear at events.  We’ll get personalized tags for the harnesses that say “Deaf” and “Blind.”  I hope to get Lottie’s tags in the pink sparkle, because that would totally be her.  She’s a pink sparkle kind of gal.
 
All in all, a very busy, busy, and WONDERFUL weekend promoting the deafies and having fun with our fur-kids.

















No comments:

Post a Comment