Seeing into darkness is clarity . . .
This is called practicing eternity . . .

--Lao-Tzu

Friday, October 19, 2012

High Hope

Hope

In late September, I received a call from a friend who runs a local shelter/rescue. She said there was a double merle Aussie at the county pound, which appeared to be deaf and might have vision issues, too. Could I take her? Of course I did. I named her Hope, after the shelter where I picked her up, which was located at High Hopes Stables.  She was a very gentle, calm girl, and Lottie was thrilled to meet her! She took to Hope right away, and they became friends.
Lottie and Hope

Hope is about 2 or 3 years old, and the sweetest, most gentle dog I think I’ve met. She was the easiest foster I’ve ever had, that’s for sure. Hope is completely deaf, but has pretty good vision. I had her spayed and vetted, and posted her on a couple of double merle and lethal white sites that I am a member of, and it wasn’t long before Hope had a wonderful family that wanted to adopt her in Georgia. After some failed attempts to get a transport for Hope to Georgia, we decided to take a Rescue Road Trip. I packed up Hope and Lottie, and we picked up my friend Victoria and her double merle Aussie, Dahlia, and we all drove to Lexington to meet Hope’s new family.
       
Lottie greeting Hope's new family
(with Hope close by!)
It was a great trip, driving with 3 deaf and mostly blind dogs!! We all had a good time, and so fun to see Hope take to her new family right away. This adventure for me with these wonderful dogs continues . . .
Hope meeting her new family!

Lottie and Hope became instant friends

Hope

Dahlia with Hope's new mom

Lottie and Dahlia

No comments:

Post a Comment